- Helium Speech Unscrambler (HSU) is conveniently installed in the option panel of this portable communicator incorporates a state-of-the-art digital signal processor to correct raw helium speech to clear, intelligible voice. The Depth Control can be finely-tuned using a multi-turn potentiometer providing the tender with better speech quality.
- The Noise Reduction Filter (NRF) uses a complex Digital Signal Processor algorithm to capture the background noise and reduce it without affecting the diver’s speech. Noise reduction levels can be reduced by up to 17 dB.
- Real-time audio processing uses both frequency and time domain technologies for optimized performance over a wide range of depths and background noise.
- Improved Treble Boost Control feature allows for optimum frequency enhancement and improved intelligible speech from the diver’s voice.
- Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
- Divers’ umbilicals can be set to 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for any diver.
- Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
- Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
- Internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being over-charged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
- Input Impedance (Each Input): 250 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 300 – 10000 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Minimum
- Current Drain Maximum Full Volume: 3 Amps
- Minimum Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
- Output Impedance : 4 Ohm
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal (9 Volts Minimum – 16 Volts Maximum)
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Sensitivity (Input): 5 mV
- Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
- Dimensions: 10 in. H x 9 in. W x 14.5 in. L (25.4 cm x 22.9 cm x 36.8 cm)
- Weight: 22.00 lbs. (9.98 kg)
INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM™ II 2830A-02 Three-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with DSP3 Helium Speech Unscrambler includes:
- (1) Amron 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) Amron 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide terminals
- (1) Amron 283XA-UM Three-Diver Portable Communicator User Manual