The AMCOM™ III 2830A-02 Three-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with DSP3 Helium Speech Unscrambler (HSU) features hard-wired, three-diver communications for both air and mixed gas diving. The HSU module utilizes the latest in technological advancements. The core of our design incorporates a state-of-the-art digital signal processor to correct raw helium speech to clear, intelligible voice. The improved Treble Boost offers greater control over the amount of gain added to the high frequency portion of the diver’s microphone. The Depth Control can be finely-tuned using a multi-turn potentiometer providing the tender with better speech quality. The Noise Reduction Filter (NRF) uses a complex Digital Signal Processor algorithm to capture the background noise and reduce it without affecting the divers’ speech.
This innovative concept allows our HSU to be the first unscarmbler to use both frequency and time domain technologies for real-time audio processing. This state-of-the-art digital design accommodates a multitude of functions ranging from the correction of the diver’s raw helium speech to normal intelligible voice levels, advanced treble boost, and complex noise reduction filters (NRF).
The communicator features separate channels and volume controls for all three divers and the tender so that uplink and downlink paths can be customized for varying equipment configurations and individual comfort levels.
- Helium Speech Unscrambler (HSU) is conveniently installed in the option panel of this portable communicator incorporates a state-of-the-art digital signal processor to correct raw helium speech to clear, intelligible voice. The Depth Control can be finely-tuned using a multi-turn potentiometer providing the tender with better speech quality.
- The Noise Reduction Filter (NRF) uses a complex Digital Signal Processor algorithm to capture the background noise and reduce it without affecting the diver’s speech. Noise reduction levels can be reduced by up to 17 dB.
- Real-time audio processing uses both frequency and time domain technologies for optimized performance over a wide range of depths and background noise.
- Improved Treble Boost Control feature allows for optimum frequency enhancement and improved intelligible speech from the diver’s voice.
- Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
- Divers’ umbilicals can be set to 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for any diver.
- Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
- Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
- Internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being over-charged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
- Input Impedance (Each Input): 250 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 300 – 10000 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection: 40 dB Minimum
- Current Drain Maximum Full Volume: 3 Amps
- Minimum Quiescent: 0.190 Amps
- Output Impedance : 4 Ohm
- Power Supply Voltage: 12 VDC Nominal (9 Volts Minimum – 16 Volts Maximum)
- AC Power Operating Range: 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Sensitivity (Input): 5 mV
- Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC): 10 Watts Audio
- Dimensions: 10 in. H x 9 in. W x 14.5 in. L (25.4 cm x 22.9 cm x 36.8 cm)
- Weight: 22.00 lbs. (9.98 kg)
INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM™ II 2830A-02 Three-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with DSP3 Helium Speech Unscrambler includes:
- (1) Amron 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) Amron 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide terminals
- (1) Amron 283XA-UM Three-Diver Portable Communicator User Manual