- Helium Speech Unscrambler (HSU) is conveniently installed in the option panel of this portable communicator incorporates a state-of-the-art digital signal processor to correct raw helium speech to clear, intelligible voice. The Depth Control can be finely-tuned using a multi-turn potentiometer providing the tender with better speech quality.
- Real-time audio processing uses both frequency and time domain technologies for optimized performance over a wide range of depths and background noise.
- Improved Treble Boost Control feature allows for optimum frequency enhancement and improved intelligible speech from the diver’s voice.
- The Noise Reduction Filter (NRF) uses a complex Digital Signal Processor algorithm to capture the background noise and reduce it without affecting the diver’s speech. Noise reduction level can be reduced by up to 17 dB
- Separate channels and volume controls for each diver and tender to accommodate individual earphone and microphone adjustments, equipment variations and individual comfort levels.
- Divers’ umbilicals can be set to 4-wire mode (full duplex) or 2-wire mode (push-to-talk) or any combination of the two modes for any diver.
- Ability to use both dynamic and pre-amplified diver microphones with a unique circuit that detects microphone type and automatically adjusts volume levels.
- Weatherproof push-to-talk microphone for better voice intelligibility topside. For optimum clarity, see Tech Note (below) for other recommended equipment.
- Internal charger allows for simultaneous charging and operation of the unit while protecting the rechargeable battery from being over-charged. Automatically supplies power to the audio amplifier when AC power is disconnected to allow for continued operation.
- Input Impedance (Each Input) :250 Ohms
- Frequency Response : 300 – 10000 Hz
- Common Mode Rejection : 40 dB Minimum
- Current Drain Maximum Full Volume : 3 Amps
- Minimum Quiescent : 0.190 Amps
- Output Impedance : 4 Ohm
- Power Supply Voltage : 12 VDC Nominal (9 Volts Minimum – 16 Volts Maximum)
- AC Power Operating Range : 90-264 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Sensitivity (Input) : 0.5 mV
- Output Power (RMS @ 4 Ohm Load, 12 VDC) : 10 Watts Audio
- Dimensions: .10 in. H x 9 in. W x 14.5 in. L (25.4 cm x 22.9 cm x 36.8 cm)
- Weight: 22 lbs. (9.98 kg)
INCLUDED WITH COMMUNICATOR:
AMCOM™ II 2825A-02 Two-Diver Deluxe Portable Communicator with DSP3 Helium Speech Unscrambler includes:
- (1) Amron 2405-28 Hand-Held Push-to-Talk Microphone
- (1) Amron 2890-05 12 VDC Sealed Lead Acid Gel-Cell Rechargeable Battery with Slide terminals
- (1) Amron 282XA-UM Two-Diver Portable Communicator User Manual